Upgrade your 9-5.
January 29, 2021
Working from home is here to stay. Today, homeowners are looking at office spaces in a completely new light. Instead of creating a make-shift office in an unused space or bedroom, homeowners want a well-thought-out space that lends itself to a successful remote work home setup. A “zoom room” has also been trending. Here are a few ideas to create a functional workspace in the home:
- Install solid-core doors to reduce noise.
- Enhanced Wi-Fi – locate the Wi-Fi router in a location that will allow for strong internet connectivity in the office.
- Natural light is key – ensuring the space has plenty of natural light results in improved moods and reduced stress. One study found that 40% of workplaces with natural light experience 3%-40% improvements in productivity!
- Proper lighting - Whether you prefer an overhead light, recessed lights or a lamp, it can be discussed before the build begins.
- Paint – Paint the walls a soothing color or bring some personality into the room with a statement wall color!
- Storage – think about designing your space to be efficient and eliminate clutter. Local companies, such as Clifton Park Glass and California Closets, specialize in designing built-in workspaces for productivity and function. Optimize storage, hide cords and more!
You want to create a space that combines your personal style and is functional for working from home. If you are interested in creating a space that is both stylish and comfortable in a new home, call us at 518-491-1173 and we are happy to help you.